MyStory project promotes small tourism companies in the Northern Lights Route (NLR) area through local cultural heritage stories. MyStory will also create a common story for the NLR by drawing up a common vision and brand for the route.
MyStory is based on the already completed Our Stories project and is taking the next step towards supporting the small-scale companies in the field of tourism. The idea of continue the work with stories and story-design, was reinforced in the fall 2019, when Our Stories received the Arctic Awards.
Digitalization and the growth of tourism are global megatrends, which the local tourism operators in Tornio Valley and Northern Norway areas are seizing. New digital implementations are highlighting cultural heritage and stories, as well as to show the area’s special features to local community and tourists.
Cross-border support program with workshops and consulting for selected companies in the northernmost parts of Finland, Norway and Sweden.
Digital pilots, utilizing for example Augmented Reality (AR), to showcase new digital solutions in storytelling.
The project involves partners from both Finland and Norway. Local tourism organizations and municipalities along the route are playing an important role.
Our Nordic stories shared by people living & loving the region. Visit our places and experience our stories.
- MyStory introduction Augmented Reality video. Short summary of the last webinar
- Companies are now selected for the Digital Storytelling Support Program
- Register now to our webinar – AR / VR in Storytelling
- The webinar MyStory – window of opportunities. What was it about?
- Support program for small scale tourism companies – Apply now!
- Subscription to the mailing list of the MyStory -along the Northern Lights Route