The Northern Lights Route area is a beautiful and unique area in the North. The route lies through Finland, Sweden and Norway. It starts from Tornio-Haparanda and follows the road E8 and Road 99 up to Kilipsjävi in Northern Finland and continues via Storfjord to Tromsø in Norway. The road connects all three countries with all the people and their cultures and heritage. The aim of the MyStory project is to develop the Northern Lights Route area by creating the base for a common vision of the area. The project introduces new digital solutions and supports small-scale tourism companies in becoming more visible in the digital world through local cultural heritage stories.
MyStory project is based on the already completed Our Stories project . The idea of continuing the work with stories and story-design, was reinforced in the fall 2019, when Our Stories received the Arctic Awards. The aim of the MyStory project is to support the development of the Northern Lights Route region and its small-scale tourism companies through storytelling in a socially and culturally sustainable way.
MyStory project takes a step in the world of digitalization and keeps in time with megatrends. Together with specialists from different fields, the project tests and delivers its findings on such topics as digital storytelling and effective communication. The project acts as a bridge between the companies, encourages cross-border networking and delivers the information on different digital solutions and storytelling tools through the Business Support Program.
Our Nordic stories shared by people living & loving the region. Visit our places and experience our stories.
- Closing event ON THE ROUTE OF THE STORIES. Register now!
- Register for the webinar “Strategic Storytelling and Content Marketing”
- “Digital story production” workshop 4th-5th October
- Scriptwriting workshop for Business Support Program companies was held! A short summary on how it went
- Draft version of the Northern Lights Route vision 2030 is published now
- Northern Lights Route region’s cross-border tourism vision 2030